I am discovering new recipes from the Blue Zone eating program. Blue Zones are parts of the world where there are high numbers of people who live to be 100 years old. This recipe makes eating healthy easy. I will be trying this soon.
1 cup oat flour (store-bought or make by blending quick oats)
¼ cup vanilla soy or almond milk
½ cup pumpkin puree
¼ cup applesauce
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tbsp baking powder
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 ½ tbsps honey
- In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients together.
- Add the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Let batter sit for 3-4 minutes to thicken.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat. Once pan is hot, reduce heat to medium-low.
- Oil pan lightly and gently pour batter into the circular size you want.
- Flip and cook the other side after 1-2 minutes.
- Repeat until batter is used up.