This is a delicious cake that I made last week. I have included the original recipe and put in the alternative sweeteners I use in parentheses. Bake it as long as you can so that it gets done through and through. This is something you can serve for company and it can be made a couple of days in advance, which is helpful when entertaining.
Let me know if you try it!
Moist and delicious Blueberry Lemon cake with a simple sweetened honey lemon glaze. Make in a jubilee or regular bundt pan.
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened (2 sticks)
- 2 cups sugar (or one cup honey & one cup maple sugar)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 lemon zested and juiced (about 2 tablespoons zest and 1/3 cup juice)
- 1 cup greek yogurt (nonfat works) or 1/2 cup reconstituted nonfat milk if using honey)
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 tablespoon flour
Honey Lemon Glaze
- 1 tablespoon honey (if not using powdered sugar then 2 tablespoons honey)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup powdered sugar or 1/2 cup maple sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a bundt cake pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda. baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy, about three minutes. Add in the eggs, vanilla, lemon juice, and zest, and mix to combine. Stir in half of the flour, then the yogurt, followed by the remaining flour until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, toss the blueberries with one tablespoon of flour. Fold the blueberries into the batter and pour into greased bundt pan. Bake for 70-75 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool cake on a wire rack for at least 30 minutes before adding to glaze. To make the glaze, whisk together the honey, lemon, milk, and zest, then add in the powdered sugar. Drizzle over the cooled cake and garnish with blueberries and lemon zest if desired.
This cake can easily be made ahead. Bake the entire cake up to 2 days in advance and glaze before serving. Store cake in airtight refrigerator container.