I wrote this list a couple of years ago. Everything is still pertinent except I have accomplished #4: skydiving. My kids also have given me an online Spanish class which I will be starting soon. So that’s the beginning of #36.
Now if I can just find that pool where I can skinny-dip every day…
Here’s the list:
- Sing to a large crowd, after lots of practicing, of course.
- Dance naked in the rain (in a private place).
- Go skinny-dipping daily (in a private pool).
- Jump out of an airplane and see what it’s like to float to earth with a parachute.
- Do some serious rock climbing
- Scuba dive deep in the ocean
- Go on a long voyage on a Transatlantic ship
- Write/say exactly what I think whenever I want.
- Dance to my heart’s desire whenever I feel like it.
- Devote at least 3 hours a day to my writing.
- Re-tackle my novel and my memoir.
- Visit the rain forest.
- Go to India.
- Make friends with snakes.
- Take daily hikes in Griffith Park.
- Set up a writing workshop at the orange grove.
- Set up a two-week writing workshop for myself at the orange grove.
- Climb a tall tree.
- Go on horseback rides out in the wild.
- Spend as much time with my grandchildren as I’d like.
- Spend as much time with my kids and their partners as I’d like.
- Spend as much time with my friends as I’d like.
- Learn how to fly a small plane.
- Learn how to navigate a small sailboat in the ocean.
- Go spelunking.
- Take graduate classes in English Literature.
- Cut off all my dyed hair and go naturally gray.
- Find a creative writing mentor.
- Simplify my life.
- Plant and tend to a big vegetable garden
- Learn to ride a motorcycle and take a trip up the CA coast.
- Ride a bicycle every where I need to go in the city.
- Act in a play.
- Go river rafting.
- Go on a long-distance hike or bicycle trip.
- Learn Spanish/Refresh my Italian.
- Read novels as much as I’d like.
- Take a series of classes in Latin.
- Become a yoga master.
- Visit every modern art museum in the world.
2 Comments Add yours
Len I love this. A great prompt for any of us wanting to explore deeper layers of ourselves. It is a question I will free write myself. Thank youAtdine
Yes, a great prompt for exploration. Hugs to you, Arline.