Back home. Happy to be here though I loved being up in Ojai. I am delighted, however, to be missing the 100-degree temperatures up there this afternoon.
I have a list of tasks completed in Ojai that makes me smile:
- Our storage bins are much better organized than they were last week.
- Edison is putting up a pole in the near future so we have “real” electricity rather than just the bare minimum.
- Our Airstream is very clean after Rachael and I combined our skills and went in for some deep scrubbing.
- Ray fixed our Airstream fridge so it is working off of electricity, which means we can count on it rather than hope it works off the battery.
- Ray hooked up an on-demand hot water heater to the Airstream so we can now have wonderfully hot showers for as long as we like (the water goes straight to the trees).
- All our trash went out in the early morning pick-up and all recyclables are ready to go out next week.
- The oranges trees were watered.
- All sheets and towels were washed, hung out to dry and are now stored away for future use.
- A well man was there when we left, making some needed repair on the well pump.
- Our stand-alone kitchen was clean and the fridge cleared out so Liz and Ron can actually get some of their food in it.
I am feeling exceedingly happy about all those accomplishments. And that doesn’t even include spending time with my family. What more can I say?
Hope you’re doing well. I’ll be checking back in with you tomorrow.
Liz playing with Luna and Nico yesterday morning.