Today for lunch, Rachael and I made this delicious and easy butternut squash soup. The hardest part of the process is to peel the skin off the squash, but besides that, this is a simple soup to make. The spices add depth of flavor along with either goat or cream cheese. The parmesan will make it a bit saltier, which is fine since the recipe calls for only 1/4 teaspoon of salt. An immersion blender is perfect for this soup, but if you don’t have one, then just pour it a bit at a time in a blender or food processor and blend it up. You definitely want a smooth consistency.
We served this with a green salad and grilled cheese sandwiches on pumpernickel bread. Talk about a taste treat! And the colors make it festive as well. I will definitely consider serving this meal for a casual dinner party if we ever get back to a time when we can have casual dinner parties.
Please let me know if you try the recipe. I always love to hear how it turned out for you.
Instant Pot Creamy Butternut Squash Soup
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOK TIME: 5 minutes
BUILD PRESSURE: 10 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 25 minutes
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tsp. diced garlic
- 1 tsp. fresh ground ginger
- 2 medium butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium apple, peeled cored and chopped
- 1 tsp. sage
- 1/8 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 5 c. chicken stock
- 3 oz. goat cheese or cream cheese
- 1/3 c. Parmesan cheese
- Parsley for garnish
- Turn your Instant Pot on to the Saute function. Add the olive oil, onions and bell pepper. Saute on high for 4 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the cubed squash, apple, sage, chili powder, sea salt and chicken stock.
- Place the lid on your Instant Pot and move the knob to seal. Cook on high pressure for 5 minutes and do a quick release of the pressure.
- Using an immersion blender in the Instant Pot, puree the mixture.
- Add the goat cheese and Parmesan and continue pureeing until very smooth.
- Ladle in bowl and add parsley as a garnish.
I’ll be checking back in tomorrow. Until then, stay safe!